- @CHILDLINE India Foundation posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 02/09/2021 -Accepting applications
- Salary: ₹25,000.00
- View(s) 3
Openings: 1 position
Details about the position are as below.
Salary: Rs.25, 000/- Per Month
Employment: Fixed term contract for 2 years.
- Manage all financial processes ensuring confidentiality, accurate and timely record keeping and data management
- Process all income and costs, ensuring correct coding, authorisation, and transaction management
- Routinely review budgets and monitor change controls, early warnings and contingency drawdowns
- Set up and manage Project cash flows
- Work closely with external Sr Accountant and Project in charge to create
comprehensive financial plans and track progress as the project advances
- Maintain sufficient documentation and check that payments made are in line
with financial guidelines.
- Manage the overheads associated with the Project Team including staff costs
- Control and reconcile designated balance sheet accounts and project codes
- Plan for and manage internal project costs including furniture and equipment
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Produce monthly finance reports for the project team, to agreed timetables, showing budget, forecast, committed and actual performance against plan, with breakdown of costs and written commentary.
- Ensure project budgets and plans are kept up to date to reflect progress and changes to assumptions, including any reforecast as required
- Maintain detailed records as required for both internal and external audit purposes
- Take responsibility for preparation of all financial and non-financial information required for project sponsors, project managers, Project Board, Trustees and external funders as required in both routine reporting and ad hoc requests
- Undertake monthly reviews with budget holders to review Direct Costs
- Support managers at all levels to discharge their responsibilities as project staff.
- Provide financial input into forward planning process to support completion of project lifecycle
- Management of robust financial controls and accounting systems
- Delivery of an effective financial management service to support the priorities and success of the project
- Effective relationship management with Project team, Finance team and all key stakeholders
- Ensure legal payments such as TDS, Professional Tax and Service Tax as applicable are paid in time and the reports pertaining to them are submitted on time.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of project accounting for a development organisation.
- Sufficient accounting experience in a busy, tightly managed medium sized organisation, including: monthly reporting, budget preparation, financial modelling and cash flow reporting
- Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems, preferably Tally including report writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- At least 2 years of non-profit accounting and 3+ of cumulative relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
- Must have a Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in accounting
- With strong background in budget preparation and grant management (private funders and government grants)
- Relevant experience or understanding of financial reporting standards for a NGO
- Only candidates with relevant experience & qualification should apply for the post.
- Application needs to be sent at email@example.com