Accountant – Accounts Receivable
- @NSC Global posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 06/10/2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 5
- To secure on time cash receipts / customer payments for due debt and maintain an accurate Accounts Receivable Ledger
- Maintaining a high quality Accounts Receivable (AR) sub-ledger on Navision having been designated the principle point of contact for a specific customer list i.e., all Key Customer Accounts – EMEA
- Cash receipt application to designated customer accounts i.e., customer payment allocation (Daily)
- Credit note application and checks to designated customer accounts (Daily)
- Issuing customer statements to designated customer accounts (Monthly)
- Signing off / reconciling designated customer accounts with respect their status on the AR sub-ledger – verifying overdue balances, unapplied cash / credit notes and any other irregular open item postings on the account (Weekly)
- Upload the company’s invoices and credit notes into the Customer’s Portal / Invoice Registration Website e.g., Telefonica (Weekly)
- Ensuring customers approve invoices before due date or identify invoices (billings) deemed in dispute no later than 1 week before their due date – requiring:
- Regular calls and emails to key contacts in the customer accounts payable unit
- Attending to queries raised by customers
- Liaising with the internal teams to ensure queries are solved timeously
- Escalating for supervisorial attention, accounts designated as “in dispute” after own efforts have been unsuccessful in resolving customer billing queries internally or due to unresponsiveness of the customer to overdue inquiries resulting in debt aging to increase on the account > 30 days. (Daily)
- Maintaining the GAAR Report i.e., it must be up-to-date; reflect accurate forecasts and collection status comments based on customer responses to queries on payment. (Daily)
- Receipting and processing Customer Remittance notices – checking the AR sub-ledger agrees with the remittance and marking off all open items on the account as paid/settled by the customer.
- Clearing Aged Unallocated Cash (cash received and not confirmed by the Customer issued Vendor Statement or memo as due for refund) to a designated Balance Sheet / Suspense Account.
- Maintaining the centralized Customer Contact List and its related priority of escalation within the Customer’s organization.
- Accounts Receivable Sub-ledger integrity – account reconciliations,
- Collections of overdue debt / Cash collections – review aging profile; follow up on, collect and allocate payments; investigate and resolve customer queries
- Reporting “in dispute” accounts and as required to monitor AR performance
- Forecasting future cash collections
- Maintaining Customer and internal relations to ensure customer accounts do not fall overdue > 10% of what is due each week
- Education : Commerce Graduate / Inter. C.A ; Good Communication Skills
Experience : 3-4 years in Accounting Field out of which at least 1 year should be in Accounts Receivable. Experience in Navision preferable.