Associate Manager – Payroll & Accounts
- @Saavn posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 06/01/2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 4
JOB TITLE: Associate Manager – Payroll & Accounts
JioSaavn is South Asia’s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam – to name a few – JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world’s most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world’s most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we’ve got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.
The position is responsible for managing & administration of the Payroll, ensuring payroll-related compliance and employee reimbursement, and working closely with the internal and external stakeholders to achieve the compliance, business, and financial goals of the organization.
- Ensuring timely and accurate disbursement of monthly payroll. Verification & Reconciliation of monthly payroll
- Maintaining and updating payroll information and resolving any discrepancies
- Ensure validation of documents to be accurate i.e. Investments declaration, investment proofs, and Form 16s
- Ensuring timelines are met for salary disbursement and statutory compliance.
- Ensuring Employee reimbursements as per policy and timely payment.
- Employee queries resolution related to Salary, Provident fund, Investments, reimbursement, etc
- Maintaining and analyzing expenses and compensation to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Facilitating and completing monthly accounting procedures, Review of Monthly Accounts in Tally / ERP Accounting package.
- Responsible for providing data, information, reports, and inputs for statutory / internal/ group audits perspective
- Ensuring proper accounting entries are passed for all groups/branches in tally
- Ensuring books are closed by Month end+3 with all accounting and other entries passed based on receipt of supporting and inputs from the various business teams and the proper reporting formats for Management, Investors, and other stakeholders are adhered to.
- Creditors Management – ensuring timely payment of vendors, invoice verification, resolving queries, etc.
- Ensuring all GST related entries in Tally are made by the team based on HSN and other GST requirements and ensuring all invoices received for entry from Business teams are GST compliant.
- Assisting in the creation of quarterly forecasts and annual financial plans, including reporting & analysis to explain changes against given baselines
- B.Com with minimum 5 years experience in Services Company (MNC/large private/public Limited Company).
- Experience in Payroll and payroll related compliances
- Ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives
- Detailed knowledge of all Indian Direct and Indirect Tax laws
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an internal and external customer focus
- Ability and willingness for hands-on working for Tally/ERP/Prime (must have)
- Strong Spreadsheet/Excel skills (must have)
- Excellent skills with the capability to highlight critical issues with impact and provide solutions within and outside the Finance team
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills and abilities
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings