Intern – Accounts
- @WRI India posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 04/01/2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 3
Intern – Accounts, WRI India
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with donors, partners, government agencies, statutory bodies, trustees, vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
WRI India is seeking a Intern – Accounts in carrying out the listed responsibilities of the Accounting department. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the WRI to be fully aware of its financial condition.
Working with a collaborative team, you will post and review accounting entries and determine the correct general ledger account, project codes, prepaid, fixed asset, etc. Due to our organizational size and culture, this position allows the opportunity for you to train and learn in other areas of accounting. Success for this role will require you to encompass a combination of influence, driving innovation, and working well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Update accounts payable and performs reconciliations
- Support the statutory and internal audit process
- Handle Petty Cash
- Research and resolve day to day issues related to Accounts Payable inquiries
- Initiate the payments
- Checking staff expenses and coordination for correction
- Participate in month-end closing activities, including journal entries and other analysis
- Reconciliation of assigned GL accounts
- Any additional responsibilities set by Management
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Compile data for compliances
- Obtain quotes and tenders from vendors and suppliers
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management.
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Working knowledge in SAP or Deltek or any other software based accounting system other than tally will be an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles and ability to work independently and make financial decisions with ease
- Excellent organizational skills and with self-initiative skill will be preferred
- Strong quantitative, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solver and trouble shooter with variable problem-solving abilities
- Computer skills: advanced proficiency in spreadsheets, Excel (Graphs, Marcos, and Pivot Tables) and MSOffice applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate accounting to non-accountants
Duration : 3 months
Location: Mumbai, India (This role requires you to work from our Mumbai office based in Lower Parel)
Stipend: 25,000 per Month
Start date: At the earliest
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. All applications must be submitted online through this career portal in order to be formally considered.
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.