Office Operations Coordinator
- @The Boston Consulting Group posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 01/10/2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 6
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The candidate in this role will play a key role in the Global Services Operations team, providing support to the Office
Manager, GS India. You will support the day-to-day functioning of office activities and handle key aspects of office
Administration during the night shift as a first point of contact that includes Front Desk Management and Transport during the night shift, Housekeeping, Security (electronic and manned), Cafeteria services, Office Equipment maintenance and such. The position is a dynamic role and as such moves fluidly between these various areas of responsibility and requires a high level of flexibility and agility to meet the ever-changing needs and demands. It further gives one the opportunity to connect with stakeholders at all levels and thus requires the candidate to be sharp, articulate, and service oriented. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energy driven problem solver who can apply his/her skills and constantly improve processes and systems, providing support across various GS sub-functions.
Optimizing the delivery of our services is the key to delighting our internal customers. The expectations are managed with Accuracy/TAT on Project timelines/liaise with stake holders (GS sub-functions) on a regular basis. The role will require interactions across business units of BCG to ensure seamless delivery of admin services.
The individual will be the brand custodian, reflecting the values in engaging and enhancing the knowledge and skills in the Firm. The Office Operations coordinator will be a member of the Global Services (GS) Operations Team and will be based in our Delhi office. The office operations team is responsible for providing 24 hrs. x 7 days support to the office.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Manage Front Desk, Transport and logistics during the night shift.
- Handling back-office operations for establishing new system and processes in the office especially during the night shift, including energy conservation methods.
- Technical knowledge of functioning of office equipment.
- Carry out planned Periodic Preventive Maintenance as per the schedule and review checklists and technical audits for all installations at periodical intervals.
- To always ensure upkeep of Pantry equipment & reprographic equipment and take necessary steps to ensure zero down time.
- Plan and take responsibility for smooth operations of all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing installations and Civil works pertaining to the facility.
- Provide support in preparation of all Administration budgets. Maintain records/filing of the expense.
- Periodically inspect the logbooks, checklists, and PPM schedules for a better management of Engineering systems.
- Responsible for development of all maintenance related schedules and shutdowns in consultation with Site lead/OEMs.
- Have sound knowledge of general Labor Laws and its Provisions.
- Liaising with government and regulatory bodies like Local Government Agencies and/or Labor Law Consultants.
- Liaising with Building Management, Contractors, and other stakeholders – depending on severity of maintenance work to be carried out.
- Procure material and process invoices in time following steps laid down in the Procurement Policy.
- Track vendor payments ensuring timely billing for all service partners.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team to ensure best service at the best price.
- People Management skills while dealing with contractual/ third party vendor employees.
- Generate MIS for operations – maintain a Cost Sheet for all Administration related expenses.
- Issuance of Access Cards & maintenance of access control system.
- Collaborate in various administrative tasks as required.
- Maintain and update the Fixed Asset Register of all office assets and tally the same with Finance on a half yearly basis.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- A graduation degree
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in Facilities Management & Office Administration in a fast-paced, corporate environment to support a multiple time zone delivery model
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & strong service mindset, good business judgement
- Collaborating effectively in a virtual environment, at same time demonstrating ownership
- Should demonstrate highest level of integrity
Technical and functional expertise
- Familiarity with latest office equipment and its functioning. Should be up to speed with what the market offers
- Experience handling medium size team of contractual staff, security personnel and visiting technicians from vendor location
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proof-reading material
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness – monitors own work to ensure quality
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to analyze and present data in concise, clear, and meaningful manner
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and to overcome obstacles
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language. Knowledge of local language(s) an asset
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation in a professional manner
- Open to other's ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
Work management, organization, and planning
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully manage competing priorities, multitask, keeping constant sight of the overall objectives
- High degree of flexibility in a fast-paced environment
Customer and business focus
- Ability to handle difficult situations with poise, understanding and tact
- Project self-confidence, autonomy, and enthusiasm
Values and ethics
- Proven ability to recognize and maintain highest levels of confidentiality
- Ability to maintain poise and professionalism in all types of situations
- Demonstrates respect for all individuals at all times
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG’s values and culture.
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
- It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple stakeholder expectations and cultures.
- Must be willing to put in extra hours if required during periods of high demand, project completion, meeting of deadline.
YOU'LL WORK WITH
YOU'LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
WHO WE ARE