Senior Content Accountant
- @Netflix posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 06/10/2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 4
Senior Content AccountantMumbai, India
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Have you ever wondered how we account for content in our financial statements? We are looking for new talent to join our Content Accounting team to help us as we grow our content slate in India. The Content Accounting team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of content and content-related transactions in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
As part of our new India Content Accounting team, this role provides you with the chance to join a team that is committed to transforming the perception of what entertainment is and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service, and how to supplement that content through consumer products, music, or other off Netflix service distribution. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
Qualities we're looking for
- Fundamentals of Accounting – We’d like you to have a minimum of 6 years of experience in accounting backed by a Postgraduate degree in accounting like a Chartered Accountancy degree/CPA or equivalent. Some work experience in accounting working in a large multinational audit firm is required.
- Attention to detail + love for data – We pride ourselves on producing high-quality work, scrutinizing important numbers and formulas for accuracy, and using spreadsheets and system data to reconcile accounts and solve problems; we like our accountants to love Excel pivot tables and be unphased by large data sets.
- Enthusiasm and quick learning – Enthusiasm for designing and building new accounting systems and making improvements to existing systems. Prior work with contract review (revenue, leases, or other complex documents), data entry and analysis, research, and other problem-solving tasks is helpful, but we understand you probably have never done content accounting. That's OK with us because we'll teach you as long as you're excited about learning.
- Curiosity and passion – Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it all; a positive attitude and never settling for “good enough” is key, along with fitting into our unique company culture.
- You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner. Industry experience is highly preferred, but not essential to the position if you are enthusiastic about the position, have a strong accounting background and be comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance under Indian GAAP (with a strong understanding of the differences to U.S. GAAP).
- Adaptable – You have to be comfortable in an ever-changing eco-system of content, finance and accounting issues and projects. Flexible to collaborate with our U.S. and other offices across multiple time zones. Willingness to travel to our offices overseas (once COVID restrictions are relaxed).
- You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
- Based in our Mumbai office, reporting to the management team in Content Accounting.
- Part of the team responsible for the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
- Set up (in proprietary contract management system) and accounting of content license contracts, with a focus on license fee uploads and payment term assignments.
- Review and documentation of content license agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.Accounting for owned content produced for India.
- Evaluating the impact of content contracts on local Indian GAAP financial statements and recording adjustments for the same.
- Invoicing for intercompany revenues, tracking of receipts and reconciliation with ledger balancesDrive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects.
- Maintain cross-functional relationships, including the content finance/international finance, tax, legal and acquisition organizations.
As Netflix continues its original content expansion, the accounting and operational complexities are also growing. There are new challenges we're facing, and there's plenty of fun we're having. Come be a part of it and help make a positive impact!
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Share this listing: