Senior Manager – Accounts
- @WRI India posted 1 week ago
- Posted : 25/11/2021 -Accepting applications
- Salary: ₹1,900,000.00 - ₹2,300,000.00
- View(s) 4
SENIOR MANAGER – ACCOUNTS
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program overview for Operations
WRI Operations team supports the crucial front-line work of the organization, they directly interact and work with Donors, Partners, Government agencies, Statutory bodies, Trustees, Vendors, and Consultants in fielding their inquiries, providing support at all the fronts and solving problems. So that the WRI programs can be implemented without any hurdles and the program staff and researchers can develop high quality research documents, plans and implement the programs at the field level.
WRI operations team consists of various functions such as Budget and Finance, Grants and Contracts, Legal Counsel, Human Resource, IT and Facilities management. Each role comes under the purview of operations and each function lead reports to the Director Operations and Director Operations report to the CEO of the Organization.
WRI Operations team strive for operational excellence across all functions starting with the recruitment, retention and management of WRI’s staff, our most important asset. We manage our endowment, the contributions entrusted to us, and our facilities in ways that are in line with our values and advance our mission. We maintain strict budgetary planning and financial controls to ensure that all contributions are managed in compliance with donors’ wishes.
About your role:
This role will be reporting to Director Operations, as a Senior Manager Accounts the role allows you to determine the identifiable building blocks of organization and mission success, which often outlives our tenure in the organization. Ultimately, the goal is to enable the organization to control its mission destiny (at least over those matters that it can control).Senior Manager-Accounts takes pride in many strategic,analytical, transactional, and systems contributions, but three areas are most relevant to mission success.
The key responsibilities are:
- Sustainable Accounts structure that meets mission needs, goals, and aspirations over time.
- Sustainable and dynamic business model that finds the necessary revenues and efficiently and effectively manages expenditures over the fiscal years.
- Sustainable accounts and financial function and organizational infrastructure that will support and contribute to organizational success.
How your day will unfold:
- Leading the donor, Statutory, and internal audits completions end to end.
- Liaising with auditors, managing audits & consolidation of audited financials.
- Supporting donor due diligence pre and post funding phase.
- Mentor and develop the team, managing work allocation, capacity building, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic. Guide larger, cross-divisional teams (programs and functions) outside of direct span of control, as needed.
- Ensure compliances under various statutory laws as applicable to the organizations including disclosure requirements and reporting to the management.
- Develop and update policies relating to organization governance and regulatory
- Coordination with Programme, Development, legal, HR, finance and facilities team for reporting purpose and to strengthen the organization system and processes.
- Analysis of the organization requirements in terms of growth and supporting for board and management reporting.
- Implementation of the recommendation given by statutory and Internal auditor and donor agencies.
- Accounts, Financial, legal and other risk management, regulatory and internal control systems.
- Support accounting, general ledger, and other operations functions, ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee timeliness and accuracy.
- Drive best Accounts practices within institute by publicizing standard operating procedures and by generally serving as a point of reference for all growth plans and projects.
- To prevent or detect fraud and conflicts of interest; to promote accurate and timely internal and external reporting and analysis
- Explore and suggest how institutes can invest its reserves and resources to generate passive income;
- Confirm the payment of each financial obligation is properly authorized and processed pursuant to established policies and procedures and they are thoroughly substantiated and documented
- Configure the accounting systems and reconciliations between different systems within the organisation and work with the accounting team in India and Global to implement proper accounting and reporting structure for the organisations
- Review short and long-term goals considering existing and projected financial resources available.
- Participate in all internal planning regarding institutes proposed program expansion, to ensure alignment of program, outreach, and training plans with financial projections.
- Establish annual priorities and benchmarks and conduct regular reporting, measuring projections against actual performance.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as needed to monitor, evaluate and optimize cash-flow, variances, liquidity and risk management.
- Build relationships with Programme team, donors, Auditor, bank vendors, outside consultants and others as needed to keep close to institutes major expenditures and sources of revenue.
- Utilize technology to optimize all reporting and analytical functions.
- Ensure that institute meets critical regulatory and legal compliance benchmarks.
- Keep up with new trends in the financial industry by attending conferences, participating in professional development, and sharing this information with the senior leadership team.
- Build a top-tier internal Accounts team by actively recruiting, training and developing talented accountants, analysts, consultants, auditors, tax planners and payroll staff, as needed.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural, global workplace.
- Support operations to ascertain accounting and organization needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to Institutional and financial problems.
- Adaptable and flexible to shifting opportunities, priorities and needs. Should be able to deal with high levels of ambiguity and work with team members to find practical solutions.
- Oversee all legal documentation including but not limited to grant agreements with foreign and local donors, non-profit partners, polices and processes, vendor contracts, MOUs and others.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
- Qualified CA or MBA in finance from reputed Institute.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to efficiently communicate across programme and Core functions.
- Having experience of 5-10 years at the Managerial or leadership role.
- More than 10 plus years' total experience in accounting/finance/operations role.
- Experience at integrating IT/Systems to improve accounting productivity and accuracy
- Working experience in the Non-Profit and have managed staff will be preferred.
- Experience at working with external auditors, compliance, and regulatory oversight.
- Commitment to results; 'can-do" mindset; outstanding problem-solving ability
- Experience at change leadership and change management
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities
- Strong work ethic, take ownership of tasks and demonstrate personal accountability
- Proactive/continuous improvement focus
- International experience strongly preferred
- Should have knowledge of ROC, Income Tax, FCRA, GST, FEMA, US GAAP and labor regulations.
- Knowledge of Office Suite and Excel and familiarity with software like SAP, Salesforce, Deltek, Tally and other online accounting systems managed through multiple geographical area.
Salary and Benefits: 19,00,000 to 23,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: Full-time, term hire for a period of two years which is extendable based on performance.
Location: New Delhi, Mumbai, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do – from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.