- @BuroHappold Engineering posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : 08/10/2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 3
Why BuroHappold Engineering?
Described by our clients as ‘passionate’, ‘innovative’, ‘collaborative’: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever-changing world. With recent deliveries such as the Godrej BKC office building, Lodha World One Tower, Omkar 1973, and collaboration on international commissions like the Qatar Foundation Stadium, Battersea Power Station redevelopment, and Riyadh Metro Stations, India is placed as a leading design office within BuroHappold, and truly emblematic of the economic and intellectual dynamism which continues to power the region's success in a global context.
Buro Happold is focused on shaping the urban centers of the future, integrating strategies that enhance the built environment, natural resources, and quality of life. We help our clients tackle complex and often high-profile challenges at the building, campus, city and regional scales. From visioning to implementation, we provide expertise in sustainability and resiliency, infrastructure, economic development, governance, communications and operations. We take an interdisciplinary approach to each project, using evidence-based design and stakeholder engagement to bring new ideas, critical thinking and leadership.
We believe that radical ideas are needed to help reimagine the future of our built environment. A future that is both sustainable and equitable. We must realize this at a time of unprecedented change, complexity and intensity. This brings with it a great challenge, but also great opportunity.
- Project sustainability engineer or consultant, conducting research, analysis and studies and preparing presentations and reports while providing support in planning and management of sustainability consulting projects for private and public sector clients.
We are looking for a fulltime candidate to join our India Sustainability team. The position will be to support project managers and project directors in day-to-day research, analysis and preparation of presentations and reports.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s degree preferred, in Environmental, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Sustainability Management, Urban Planning or a related subject.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a sustainability-related field. 2 to 3 years’ experience preferred.
- Knowledge of LEED, WELL and other Sustainability, Resiliency and Equity rating systems.
Candidate Interests and Skills:
- Interest or experience in urban issues, the built environment, and sustainability
- Energetic, proactive and collaborative in team environments
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to quickly identify issues, assimilate information and develop solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Comfort interfacing with clients and senior management
- Demonstrated communications skills: written, oral, presentation and visual design
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills and skill working with data sets
Software and Technologies:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam and PowerPoint
- Advanced energy modeling in IES, Rhino, Transys, Grasshopper, or similar
- Familiarity with Adobe CS, specifically Illustrator and InDesign
- Familiarity with renewable energy analysis
- Familiarity with embodied carbon and LCA analysis (Tally, OneClick LCA, EC3)
To work under the direction of Project Managers and Project Directors to deliver solutions in any or all of the following areas:
- Interpret complex data sets to develop sustainability frameworks and design strategies for multiple scales of projects, while completing environmental, health and wellbeing, and social impact assessments
- Research, modeling and analysis of carbon, energy, water, waste, GHG and related metrics
- Focus on energy (incl. all electric) systems analysis on mechanical systems (HVAC, Lighting, process loads, etc.)
- Advising clients on green building technology and ratings systems (LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Passive House, Living Building Challenge, etc.)
- Diagraming, mapping and digital illustrations of technical concepts to visualize intent for non-technical audiences
- Participate and present in client meetings
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines in complex building, strategic planning and operations projects
- Create client PowerPoint presentations, memos, reports and graphic presentations
- Participating in local Professional Associations and internal initiatives within Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We recognise and are committed to change the lack of representation of minority groups in our industry, and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, disabled people and women across all our offices. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.