Tax Accountant, Compliance Services
- @Link Group posted 3 weeks ago
- Posted : 06/10/2021 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 4
This role is responsible for maintaining tax process and governance frameworks to provide assurance with Tax Managers to Head of Tax and Finance Leadership Team of compliance with tax laws and the Tax Risk Governance Policy.
The role is required to prepare of tax compliance and tax reporting of the corporate taxation, indirect taxes and assist the wider global tax management of Link Group.
Key Accountabilities and main responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing tax filings in India, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, under the instruction of a Tax Manager, including full analysis to highlight positions taken (including any third party advice obtained and the alternatives considered).
- Support Tax Managers on various initiatives including tax reviews, tax modelling or forecasting and correspondence/dealings with tax authorities
- Ad-doc tasks as requested across all taxes, as necessary
- Preparation of corporate income tax, indirect tax filings (GST and VAT) and employer tax filings (AU Payroll tax, FBT, Benefits in kind), as agreed with Tax Managers
- Preparation of tax reporting for monthly management reporting and ASX reporting every six months
- Prepare all income tax related ancillary filings – for example group relief surrenders in the UK, Country-by-Country Reporting notifications, franking account return in Australia.
- Calculation of corporate tax instalments for all jurisdictions
- Ensuring balance sheet reconciliations are prepared for current and deferred taxes quarterly
- Responsible for timely filing of Country-by-Country Reporting (CbCR) and assist Tax Managers with transfer pricing documentation as needed
- Identify process change to improve tax reporting and governance, with the assistance of Tax Managers
- Training and knowledge sharing with all the finance team on taxation requirements, with the assistance of Tax Managers.
- Assist with documentation or procedures and processes to meet tax authority requirements.
Governance & Risk
- As part of the tax management team, help maintain the low risk strategy in compliance with Link Group’s Tax Risk Governance Policy and other related policies
- Ensure corporate tax processes are suitably documented and understood, with the assistance of Tax Managers.
The above list of key accountabilities is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time based on business needs. In addition, as the role is part of a global team flexibility to work outside core business hours is required in this role
Experience & Personal Attributes
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Law or minimum two years’ experience in an accounting practice or a large multi-national corporate managing taxation having responsibility of taxation filings and process
- Excellent numeracy skills and strong written and verbal skills
- Above average PC skills using Word and other Accounting or Tax software products
- MS Excel – advanced level, to be able to create spreadsheets and formulas.
- Experience of large multi-national organisations, particularly with operations in Australia, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland or New Zealand
- Demonstrated experience in tax accounting reporting and good understanding of current accounting standards
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organisation.
- Flexible and responsive, able to work to tight deadlines
Link Group is a leading fund administration and share registry specialist. We are a market leading provider of technology-enabled administration solutions, continually developing our offerings to expand with our clients' needs. Since our inception, Link Group has been entrusted by clients to handle sensitive data in a secure and confidential manner. Our core businesses of fund administration and securities registration are complemented by our expertise in digital solutions and data analytics.