Vacancy for Senior Accountant
Career Level Others
Experience 6+ Years7+ Years8+ Years
Qualifications GraduatePost Graduate
About the Organization:
An opportunity to work with a leading proprietary trading firm with a focus on algorithmic and high frequency trading strategies. The organization is headquartered in Chicago and it has expanded over the years as a global operation with offices in London, Bristol, Amsterdam, Singapore, Shanghai, Gurugram, Gujarat, New York, Hong Kong, and Paris.
Our client is seeking to hire an organized and detail-oriented Senior Accountant with a proven track record of succeeding in a fast-paced organization. The ideal candidate needs to have strong technical and communication skills and a desire to join a fast paced, collaborative team environment. This position will work collaboratively with other members of the Finance team and be faced with new challenges and process improvement opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities
Statutory Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit activities; manage communication with external auditors on financial statement drafts and accounting issues.
- File statutory accounts with various authorities.
- Local GIFT city authority filing requirements.
- Assist in any ad-hoc requests from regulators and auditors.
- Assist in tax related matters.
- Development and monitoring of control systems as part of IFCFR requirement.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide local GAAP interpretation, and prepare documentation in clear and comprehensive manner.
- Assist in preparing policy/procedure documentation in relation to Statutory accounts and other local reporting requirements.
Internal Financial Reporting and Corporate governance:
- Maintain primary management and coordination with local third-party accounting firm for local reporting requirements.
- Provide oversight of the local Accounts Payable function.
- Support month end and year end close processes.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet and Income statement reconciliation.
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of related special project/analysis work and other ad hoc tasks as requested of direct manager, controller, and/or CFO.
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Desired Candidate Profile
- The candidate should be CA with 6 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Standard operating procedures (SOP) implementation experience preferred.
- Experience of working with a global organization.
- Should have managerial experience with all facets of Auditing, Accounting & Tax.
- Ability to work and manage time independently and take initiative to define and resolve problems.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and excellent documentation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexible, conscientious, and easily adaptable to constant change.
- Professional demeanor and ability to use discretion when working with confidential material.
- Collaborative and able to build and sustain relationships with colleagues across geographies and time zones.
- Reliable and predictable availability
Interested candidates can apply on naukri or alternatively reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org