Vacancy for Senior Manager Indirect Taxation
Career Level Manager
Experience 8+ Years
Qualifications GraduatePost Graduate
your key responsibilities
- Develop and Implement accounts strategy for IDT offerings targeted at clients within identified industry segments and market segments
- Develop and sell new solutions (managed services, distinct technology solutions etc.) for the IDT practice as part of the GTM initiative
- Enhance internal and external awareness of EY IDT services (branding) and support development of proposals/presentations etc as required
- Build strong relationships across all Service Lines and with the BD team to help surface new client opportunities and drive sales
- Periodic monitoring and reporting of sales opportunities, pipeline and wins
- Identify opportunities for other services and support in cross-sell for Tax, CoSec & other services
- Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner, displays commitment to outstanding client service.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
- Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop an understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
- Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain an understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
- Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work-related issues.
- Coordinate with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities and communication skills
- Utilize technology & tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
- Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
- Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
- Drive performance management for self and team.
- Accuracy and high standards
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A qualified Chartered Accountant or a graduate degree in Law/ LLB or any other diploma with post qualification and/or articles experience in indirect tax
- Minimum 8/9 years of relevant post qualification experience in Indirect tax
- Knowledge of relevant indirect tax legislations viz. Goods & Services Tax, Customs law, Foreign Trade Policy etc.
- Experience of applying the indirect tax legislations in practical scenarios
- Experience of performing/ reviewing tax compliances under various indirect tax laws
- Experience in managing assessment/ audits/ litigations for clients
- Experience of appearing before tax authorities to represent matters
- Experience of applying technology for indirect tax problem solving – ERP, data analytics etc.
- Experience of managing relationship at large accounts
- Experience of representing the firm before clients, building relationships and generating business
- Reasonable knowledge about other tax legislations, accounting, process improvements etc.